Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Banana-chocolate chip bread

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (if desired)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees;. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
  3. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.

6 comments:

La Yen said...

This is the same recipe that I use--and if you want to vary it a little bit, substitute flavored yogurt for the sour cream. I like to use a container of peach or lemon. It makes a nice little hint of flavor surprise!

nie nie said...

GREAT IDEA! I have tried the yogurt thing too, and forgot about that. thanks for bringing that back!

Stephanie said...

oh my goodness. My family loves this recipe! They don't even realize that I used whole wheat flour. I can't believe how light and moist this bread is. We are not vegetarians . I am trying some of your recipes . So far I am two for two in love loving them.

disa said...

85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室

Sarah said...

So good!!!! I just finished the loaf myself....I am only admitting that to you, of course! This could be called 'better than chocolate cake bread'! And I am serious about my chocolate cake. Thank you for adding such a special recipe to my life!

Erika Sullivan said...

I tried this too, and YUM! So good, and a great variation on your normal banana bread!