This is a great dinner that can be made in under 20 minutes. So if you are like me and Mr. Nielson who reserve Friday nights as date night, this meal will be a great one to make in advance for the babysitter to feed the kids.
Instead of leaving the local pizza joint's number for your babysitter, leave her this meal and save that extra $15 bucks on dessert with your lover.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, and chives
- crumbled feta
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- Stir in butter, lemon zest, juice, and herbs; season with salt and pepper. Add some of the reserved pasta water to adjust consistency, if needed. Top with crumbled feta.