Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Whole-wheat Tortilla's

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1/2 cup warm tap water
Combine flour, Baking powder and salt. Add olive oil and stir until well combined. Put in warm tap water 1 T at a time until dough can be gathered into a ball. Add more water if needed 1 T at a time. Knead on floured surface 15-20 times. Let dough rest for 15 minutes. Divide dough into 10-12 equal portions and shape into balls. On floured surface roll out ball from center into a circle. Cook on ungreased skillet over medium-high heat on each side about 30 seconds or until puffy.

4 comments:

KatieJ said...

Thanks for starting this blog and sharing all your recipes! I can't wait to try some of these. Do you buy your whole wheat flour or grind it yourself? I have a TON of wheat and a grinder, but am a little nervous to try it out.

nie nie said...

yes, i do use my wheat grinder and use hard white wheat...do it! it works great

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Can I come and hug you? I just made these tortillas and I am in love. They were one thousand trillion times better than store bought. I can't believe how easy this was. My oldest son love it when I put a little butter on it, just out of the pan. But, better yet was cheddar with some sour cream and salsa on the top. YUM. Thank you thank you!

Felicia said...

Thanks so much for this recipe! I have been wanting to make my own tortillas for months but hadn't found a recipe I was comfortable with until now. And they tasted great! Thanks again!