Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Whole Wheat spaghetti with garlic zucchini and tomato

This is a delightful summer dish, and easy to make!


Whole wheat spaghetti
3 tablespoons olive oil
course salt and pepper
small red onion cut into thick slices
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large zucchini cut lengthwise into sticks
2 plum tomatoes cut lengthwise into strips
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Boil noodles in salted water
Sautee 3 garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 3 minutes
Add zucchini and 1/2 cup water. Let sit on med. for 10 minutes
Add tomatoes, onions and 1 tablespoon of oil.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Add cheese.

10 comments:

Abbey said...

So glad your home! I've needed more food inspiration.

michelle said...

This recipe is one I will try! The picture is so good, it looks right out of a magazine!

Laura said...

You're FINALLY home! I'm starving! Thanks for the idea.

Leisha said...

Yum! I know what we're having for dinner tonight!

Jordan said...

So glad your back--because misery loves company, right. When will you come over and swim???!!!! Please, soon.

Emily said...

Nie, I've missed you! Just wanted to say that I almost shed a tear for you on your sad, just- returned-"home"-from-Utah days. Living far from family is soooo hard sometimes. Hope you're back to happy. Oh, and the yarn balls -- darling! You inspire me time and time again!

Holly said...

okay, i made this tonight (with some leftover grilled chicken, which i know you wouldn't care for) and it was dee-lish!! thank you, thank you, thank you!

KatieJ said...

This sounds really good- it's going on my shopping list! Thank you!

Donna said...

Stephanie, I tried this recipe months ago and it won over my picky eaters...we've even stopped putting "meat" in our spaghetti sauce...great family recipe!!! Thanks a bunch

Hope Chella said...

This looks so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Stephanie and for your AWESOME (other) blog xoxoxo