Friday, June 11, 2010

Peach and Blackberry Cobbler


Peach and Blackberry Cobbler

1. Melt a cube of butter and pour in cobbler pan.

2. Peel and slice seven fresh peaches and toss with sugar. Let sit.

3. Mix 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. baking powder. Stir in 1 cup half and half (or milk or heck even full cream).

4. Drain the juice from the sliced peaches and pour the peaches over the butter. Toss on a handful of lightly sugared blackberries over the peaches

5. Pour the batter over the peaches. Bake at 350 for about 40-50 minutes or till done.

6. Toss a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the top about half-way through

Shopping In Season Tip: My favorite cookbook, guide to shopping farmer's markets and knowing what is in season is In Season: Cooking with Vegetables and Fruits by Sarah Raven and Dan Barber. It is a beautiful cookbook and a fabulous guide, trust me.

--
Recipe and photo courtesy Vanessa Brown of www.INeverGrewUp.net

7 comments:

bockychoy said...

I look forward to Stephanie's return, but Vanessa, you can be a guest in my life anytime you like! This looks really delicious and seems simple to prepare.

a.men said...

Ohhhh! Yummy! Two of my favorite fruits! I am going tohave to try this!

CapireKate said...

THis looks absolutely delicious. I bet my fiance would love it. Just wondering, did you leave out part of the directions in line 6? It seems incomplete maybe?

Either way, I'm sure I can figure it out.

Thanks for another great receipe!
Kate
from NJ

Nicole Braden said...

This sounds wonderful!!!!!!

Sue Sparks said...

This looks like a classic summer Dessert! Delicious!

Azy said...

stephanie your a brave lady thanks for always sharing! we love you :)

Amy B. said...

I made a gluten free version of this for a little dinner party we had this past week. I had to "mess" with it a bit, but it was GONE as soon as it came out of the oven!

SOOOOO good!