Peach and Blackberry Cobbler
1. Melt a cube of butter and pour in cobbler pan.
2. Peel and slice seven fresh peaches and toss with sugar. Let sit.
3. Mix 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. baking powder. Stir in 1 cup half and half (or milk or heck even full cream).
4. Drain the juice from the sliced peaches and pour the peaches over the butter. Toss on a handful of lightly sugared blackberries over the peaches
5. Pour the batter over the peaches. Bake at 350 for about 40-50 minutes or till done.
6. Toss a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the top about half-way through
Shopping In Season Tip: My favorite cookbook, guide to shopping farmer's markets and knowing what is in season is In Season: Cooking with Vegetables and Fruits by Sarah Raven and Dan Barber. It is a beautiful cookbook and a fabulous guide, trust me.--
Recipe and photo courtesy Vanessa Brown of www.INeverGrewUp.net