Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Thai Vegetable Wraps
1/2 cup chopped raw cashews
1 T. sesame oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 maple syrup
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 T. chopped ginger
1 T. chopped red chile
2 T. soy sauce
1 cup almond butter
1/2 head of cabbage
6 large collard green leaves
1 mango cut into strips
1 big carrot cut into thing sticks
A bit of cilantro, basil and mint
1. Mix the cashews, sesame oil and salt in a bowl and set aside for later.
2. In a blender puree the ginger, lemon juice, maple syrup, soy sauce and red chile. Add the almond butter and if you need to some water so you can get a batter like consistency.
3. Cut up the cabbage and add in the almond butter mixture. Toss well so it is combined well.
4. Take your collard green, cut out the center rib and divide the leaf in half with a knife. With the underside facing up spread out all your leaves. Then put a few tablespoons of the cabbage mixture across the bottom third of the leaf leaving 1 inch at the bottom clear. Then take your cashew mixture and put some on top. Then lay sticks of carrot, mango and some sprouts on top. Next put on some of the basil, cilantro and mint.
5. Fold the bottom of the leaf up and over the filling really tightly and tuck the leaf under the filling and roll forward. Put the roll seam side down on your pretty serving plate to serve with dipping sauce (recipe below).
4 T maple syrup
2 T soy sauce
2 T olive oil
Bit of salt
Mix all ingredients really well
Recipe and photo courtesy Vanessa Brown of www.INeverGrewUp.net