Oats and apples! A combination we have used in our house a million different ways and never get sick of it. We love apples because
- you can literally buy them all year round, although they get super yummy in the fall.
- They are perfect for taking in your school lunch (have you tried packing a pear in your lunch? Always get’s squishy and bruised by lunch)
- They are full of vitamins and fiber
And we love oats because they are
- versatile (hot cereal, cookies, hamburgers, apple crisp… ton’s of uses!)
- I can get 25lbs for under $10!!
While we experiment a lot with these two ingredients, this dessert has become a family favorite. This “dish” can be whipped up for one, or for the whole family. It’s super fast, and very yummy. We call it, Apple Delight:
3-4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
¼ cup dry oats
1/8 cup brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
Mix altogether and spoon into muffin cups. (I love the silicone cups) Bake in oven at 350 about 10 minutes, or until apples are soft.
Thank you so much, Amy! Recipe and Photo courtesy SuperHealthyKids.