Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Oh. My. Goodness.
Say hello to my newest favorite potatoes.
The spices on these sweet potatoes are so awesome and can be used in so many ways to liven up these beautiful, orange delights.
This is what I did:
1. Combine well the following ingredients:
1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon course ground pepper
2. Boil the sweet potatoes until soft, take off the skins, and then cut them into 3rds or 4ths.
3. Smash them with a potato smasher and and then brush them with melted butter.
4. Sprinkle them with 1/2 of the seasoning.
5. Roast them, or fry them up in a pan with butter or olive oil. Turn them over and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning. Make sure you get a yummy, golden crust on the potato. It's the best part! Serve with fresh cilantro on top.
It is over the top delicious!
The seasoning would be great mixed in with just a regular baked sweet potato with butter.
This recipe was adapted by Melody of Cheat Day Cafe from DLYN. Photos and recipe courtesy Melody. Thanks for sharing!